Hi Mark

> Is it possible for you to use 5.8.10 since the odd numbered
> minor revs of perl are development versions that are likely
> to cause problems?  HTH  --mark--

Perl 5.8.9 is labelled as a maintenance release, and according to the
5.8.9 perldelta:

Notice
    The 5.8.9 release will be the last significant release of the 5.8.x
    series. Any future releases of 5.8.x will likely only be to deal with
    security issues, and platform build failures. Hence you should look to
    migrating to 5.10.x, if you have not started already. See "Known
    Problems" for more information.

If you were referring to 5.10*, I can't use that version because of
certain bugs that haven't been fixed - they keep throwing errors in my
app.

ta

clint