I've been trying to install libapreq2-2.12 using the following command:

perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor --with-apache2-apxs=/blah

This fails because Makefile.PL assumes that options passed to it that are not
recognised are Perl options rather than Makefile.PL options (line 54).

This results in configure being invoked as:

./configure --enable-perl-glue --with-perl-opts=INSTALLDIRS=vendor
--with-apache2-apxs=/blah/apxs --with-perl=/blah/perl

This leads to the configure script trying to run the following command at line
19493:

perl INSTALLDIRS=vendor build/version_check.pl

that then fails...

Does anyone think it would be possible to enable the
Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor
for this package? I appreciate that the distribution uses a somewhat
non-standard way to install the modules.

cheers, Simon

--
Simon Rees
Software Development Engineer

Semantico, Floor 1, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
w: www.semantico.com