Hello,

I've downloaded the src from CVS and compiled on my Linux platform:-
==
Linux patb-desktop 2.6.24-21-generic #1 SMP Tue Oct 21 23:09:30 UTC 2008 x86_64
GNU/Linux
==

..yep I'm running AMD64 cpu and 64bit version of Ubuntu Hardy (8.04). For some
reason I cannot get hard disk images to work. I've downloaded from the ArcEm
site the 20Mb and 64Mb formatted images and called them 'HardImage0' and
'HardImage1' respectively. I then updated my './arcemrc' with (hopefully) the
correct disk params. Thus:-

==
MFM disc
0 612 4 32 256
MFM disc
1 1024 8 32 256
==

Now one of my goals here is to get ArcEm running the 'ELITE' game. So I also
downloaded an ".arc" image of it here:-

http://www.iancgbell.clara.net/elite/arc/index.htm

and renamed it to 'FloppyImage0' in my arcem directory. Now look at the diags
from the cmdline:-

==
Version 1.10 (11/12/2005) + CVS, ARM2AS
Couldn't open config file
Could not open Extension Rom directory 'extnrom': No such file or directory
extnrom_size = 0, extnrom_entry_count= 0
HDC: Couldn't open image for drive 2
HDC: Couldn't open image for drive 3
Shift/masks = r/g/b = 16/8,8/8,0/8
floppy format ADFS 800KB used for drive 0's r/w, 428909 length, image.
inserting floppy image FloppyImage0 into drive 0: ok
==

Question: Why does it say 'Couldn't open config file' ? It is referring to
'./arcemrc' ? .. which is present and chmod'ed correctly (644 perms).

From the above, it appears to have detected the drive 0 and drive 1 - only
giving errors for drive2/3. But I cannot access them from ArcEm GUI. You can
also see it has detected the floppy image. (ELITE .arc renamed). How can I run
this image?

I also see (as pre previous posters in this list) the following:-

==
Read data command exiting due to failed file seek
seek: cylinder address greater than or equal to configured, 0 >= 0
==

..but I don't know if this is referring to the HardImage0/1 (which is present)
or HardImage2/3 - which is not configured.  Can anyone help with this error
message?

BTW: I have ROM image 3.10 (I think) which I managed to track down after
extensive googling/newsgroups (sigh) here's the byte count:-

==
-rw-r--r-- 1 patb patb 2097152 2008-10-29 12:33 ROM
==

BTW(2): I have also tried 'linux32 ./arcem' to force 32bit linux on my AMD64 -
did not see any difference :-/

Cheers,
Patrick/