Allan McRae wrote:
Hi,

I have just push the glibc-2.10(.1) toolchain rebuild into [testing]. Apart from the glibc bump, I also updated gmp and took a newer gcc-4.4 snapshot which fixes a few compile issues.

Here goes some information about the glibc update:
http://udrepper.livejournal.com/20948.html

The whole broken DNS server issue rears its head again. It is a bit more fixed than with glibc-2.9, but if you are having issues, read the above link for ways to handle this.

Some C++ programs that did incorrect things with string const-ness will fail to compile with glibc-2.10. If you have issues, look to Fedora for patches as F11 has done their builds with this.

Forgot to mention what may be on of the more important parts... The minimum kernel version required for glibc was bumped from 2.6.16 to 2.6.18.

Allan