On Monday 29 January 2007 11:56:19 bardo wrote:
> 2007/1/29, RedShift <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Imho that's a pretty lame ISP you've got. Consider switching.
>
> Well... sure... it's not my problem, I've got a flat with them, so I
> don't need to log in, but others do. I think to understand there are
> technical constraints to this decision, even though their solution is
> *really* lame. However, I have to admit that needing a connection to
> the Internet and not having a web browser is pretty atypical, if not
> improbable. Maybe nobody ever complained about it.
>

> bardo

I agree with the browser if it's easy to implement, it will help many people
who also require to view the wiki or some other source for help or resources.

Although I don't quite agree with the direct coloration between an internet
connection and a web browser, since HTTP is just one of the many features
offered via an TCP/IP network, and even the HTTP protocol has many other uses
than just browsing...

--
Guillermo A. Amaral, BCSE
@ site: http://www.guillermoamaral.com/