Hi all

I am having problems with upgrading 1.0 to 1.02.

I have webapp installation on tomcat 5.5.25 it was installed as described
here :

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARCHIVA/Archiva+on+Tomcat

with Derby 10.1.3.1

now I am trying to upgrade archive to 1.0.2

for the upgrade I found only this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/archiva-users@maven.apache.org/msg00232.html

but it doesn't work. Every time I try stating Catalina with existing Derby
databases I get this error:

2008-04-14 16:32:07,484 [main] WARN
net.sf.ehcache.config.ConfigurationFactory  - No configuration found.
Configuring ehcache from ehcache-failsafe.xml  found in the classpath:
jar:file:/opt/proxy/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/webapps/archiva/WEB-INF/lib/ehcache-1.3.0.jar!/ehcache-failsafe.xml
2008-04-14 16:32:08,200 [main] ERROR JPOX.RDBMS.Schema  - Failed
initialising database. Please check that your database JDBC driver is
accessible, and the database URL and username/password are correct.
Exception : Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to start
database '/opt/proxy/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/archiva/users', see the next
exception for details.)
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Failed to start database
'/opt/proxy/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/archiva/users', see the next exception
for details.)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1225)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)
        at
org.jpox.util.FailoverUtils.getConnection(FailoverUtils.java:51)
        at org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager.<init>(RDBMSManager.java:244)
Method)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
        at org.jpox.util.ClassUtils.newInstance(ClassUtils.java:73)

etc

If I remove my user and archiva databases it starts up , but offcourse I
have no users and no indexes.
I am stuck.

How can I upgrade existing Archiva 1.0 webapp installation with Derby as a
database w/o starting user database from scratch?

Thank you

Andrei