From: arie-l-boun...@mailman2.u.washington.edu
[mailto:arie-l-boun...@mailman2.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Rickhoff, Terry
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:43 AM
To: Discussion of the Ariel Document Transmission System
Subject: [ARIE-L] RE: intermittent sending

Hi All,

We had similar issues when we started using Ariel for emails. Because you are
not sending from a specific email account (yes I know it is entered, but...),
the receiving machine (software, etc.) sees it as coming from software (Ariel)
not a personal source like Outlook, gmail, etc. Consequently, the incoming
files are routed to junk mail or stopped by certain firewalls, security
software, etc. This is a discussion to have with the IT person at your
institution about letting these emails thru. The solution can't be found within
Ariel itself unless, there is another problem. I actually had to have all the
firewalls removed just from our Ariel machine and for our static Ariel IP
address in order to send and receive email consistently.

Thank you,
Terry
IAF - ILL
Governors State Univ. Library