If there is anyone left using Ariel, I have a question about doing web PDF
transmissions.  I have a frequent user who says that their email address is
showing up at the bottom of the web PDF login screen with two characters'
positions swapped.  We have thoroughly investigated here, and the email address
we use is correct and in proper order.  In fact, I don't see the actual email
address displayed on anyone else's Ariel web login page.  I have seen a screen
shot of this particular user's Ariel web login screen, and the erroneous email
address does in fact show up at the bottom of the screen.  The user has to use
that email rather than the correct one to be able to log into Ariel web.  Has
anyone else encountered this problem?    My guess was that the users
institutional email system was somehow modifying/redisplaying information
possibly as a security measure or as an outright glitch, but have had no
feedback in that regard.

We are hanging on to Ariel for now  because of the combined email PDF/web PDF
capability, but we are constantly frustrated by Ariel frequently shutting down
when we transmit a PDF document and giving us one of those referenced memory
errors.  (Fortunately, when we re-open Ariel, the process automatically picks
up where it left off.)

--Tom
*****
Thomas B. Craig, MSLS
Director of Library Services
Watson W. Wise Medical Research Library
University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler
phone: 903-877-2864
fax: 903-877-5412
email: thomas.cr...@uthct.edu
*****
Opinions stated are those of the sender and are not official statements of the
University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler.  Please do not share or
forward without permission.  Please inform the sender of misdirected messages.