Although the University of Washington (WAU / WAUWAS) will be discontinuing support for Ariel at the end of this week, we plan to continue hosting the ARIE-L list as long as there is sufficient interest.

When we took over the list several years ago there were about 1200 active subscribers. It's now down to about 890.

List membership will likely continue to decline since Infotrieve doesn't appear to have plans for further development of Ariel and other newer technologies such as Odyssey and OCLC Article Exchange offer similar functionality at lower cost.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

 - Mark Roberts
   ARIE-L list manager