So this is getting more and more funny.
None of your recommendations helped:(( bwd luck, bad thak you a lto anyway for
brainstromign.

I borrowed one of the  hdmi->Vga+jack boxes (I think it isi this one:
https://iczc.cz/dkqm7qdad2hnra334bu7igbro5_7/obrazek) and....

Now fedora have audio, and raspbian no:D

Considering how hdmi protocol works, I really think that fedroa simply tries
newer communication
first (where to change this?) , but fallbeack do not work.  And raspbian is
trying older
communication first, and fails to upgrade the communication.

Obviously there is some little green goblin in the middle of the way in HDMI :(

On 11/1/18 8:02 PM, stan wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 13:55:53 +0100
> Jiri Vanek <jva...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> sudo dnf downgrade kernel
>> Last metadata expiration check: 2 days, 19:55:43 ago on Mon 29 Oct
>> 2018 05:55:23 PM CET. Package kernel of lowest version already
>> installed, cannot downgrade it. same for alsa*
>>
>> I failed to updte kernel. at least Network stopped working:(
>
> Here is the last 4.17 kernel for f29,
>
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1088633
>
> You can try a *newer* kernel, the latest 4.18 kernel, 4.18-16
>
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1154877
>
> or the first 4.19 kernel for 4.30.  It should work just fine on f29, I
> think, since I have been compiling it and running it on f28.

I was allready told that for rPI rawhide is bringing many positive changes. So
this may be one of
those. Will try later in the development cycle.

> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1155120
>
> Is there a reason you are using the 4.18-12 kernel?
Nothing particular. It was in stablw when I preapred the baord, and next udpate
break networking. So
I turned back.

> Have you tried updating your system from the repositories since install?
>
> Here is an older version of alsa you can try.  There were two updates
> of alsa only for f29 and f30 after this, so it is a possible difference
> from f28.
>
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1106034
>
> Download the binary rpms for the packages you have installed, then from
> the directory where they are type, as root,
>
> dnf -C downgrade [list of rpms]
>
> If this doesn't solve your problem, I'm stumped.  You should have sound.

thanx a lot!
  J.