Do you have a cite for that, Zach?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
A far cry from perfect, but if you use the GRE as a test of intelligence, economics PhD students are the fourth most intelligent behind physicists, mathematicians, and computer scientists - according to the ETS in 2002. Mean scores for engineering (in some forms) are not much lower - but anthropology, archaeology, history, political science, theology, sociology, and communications are all fields with significantly lower scores.

I suspect intuitively, due to a number of reasons - mostly the analytical nature of the field and the mathematical rigor - that economists are significantly more intelligent than PhDs in many other fields. But probably not all fields, and maybe not even most.

- Zac Gochenour
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

----- Original Message ----- From: Stephen Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: Monday, December 15, 2003 10:40 am Subject: Economist IQ?

I doubt anyone has hard data on this, but I'm wondering what
people on this
list would guess is the average IQ of Ph.D. economists?  Would it
be much
different from the average IQ of Ph.D.s in general?

-- Prof. Bryan Caplan Department of Economics George Mason University http://www.bcaplan.com [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I hope this has taught you kids a lesson: kids never learn."

--Chief Wiggum, *The Simpsons*