There is a press release about high school students' low scores on this
survey of personal finances, but I'm impressed by how well they did.
Unlike beliefs about the economy, at least the modal answer on this
survey is usually right!
--
                        Prof. Bryan Caplan
       Department of Economics      George Mason University

   "But we must deplore and, so far as possible, overcome the evils of
    habitual newspaper reading.  These evils are, chiefly, three: first,
    the waste of much time and mental energy in reading unimportant news
    and opinions, and premature, untrue, or imperfect accounts of
    important matters; second, the awakening of prejudices and the
    enkindling of passions through the partisan bias or commercial greed
    of newspaper managers; third, the loading of the mind with cheap
    literature and the development of an aversion for books and
    sustained thought."

--Delos Wilcox, "The American Newspaper" (1900)