In a message dated 4/29/05 2:35:28 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Right.  But this is all very predictable, even at a 10% tax.  Demand
for yachts is highly elastic.  Nobody really "needs" one -- or as I
like to tell people, if you can afford to buy a yacht, you can also
afford NOT to buy a yacht.  And, demand for new US-made yachts is even
mroe elastic, because you can buy a used yacht, or a yacht made in
Bermuda or something and sail it to the same places.  Or you can buy a
plane or horse or another golf membership instead.

--Robert Book
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I sure wish I could afford to not buy a yachet!  :-D

David