From: jim horsman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 10:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Handicapping the 2001 Noble Prize in Economics

Tullock- a great injustice was done to this man when he wasn't given a joint
prize with Buchanan.
Does anyone know if Buchanan agrees?
I have never heard him address this.
Baumol- that would be a wonderful choice.
Smith- see above.
my 2 personal favorites, though they have no chance of winning are
a- Joe Ostroy- "the no surplus condition"  april  82 jet.  Reading that
paper was the highlight of my academic education.
b- Gibbard-Satterwaite .    I guess in many ways it is derivative, but was i
impressed at their technique.