fabio guillermo rojas wrote:

> Another MVT deviation:
>
> Personal bankrupcy law. I bet most voters would prefer more lenient
> laws.

They are already very lenient.  There has been a lot of populist
resistance to creditors' tentative efforts to lobby to mildly tighten
them.

--
                        Prof. Bryan Caplan
       Department of Economics      George Mason University

        "I was so convinced that soon, very soon, by some
         extraordinary circumstance I should suddenly become
         the wealthiest and most distinguished person in the
         world that I lived in constant tremulous expectation
         of some magic good fortune befalling me. I was
         always expecting that *it was about to begin* and I
         on the point of attaining all that man could desire,
         and I was forever hurrying from place to place,
         believing that 'it' must be 'beginning' just where I
         happened not to be."
                        Leo Tolstoy, *Youth*