On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, William Dickens wrote:

> continue schooling largely under weights the future benefits. Nearly
> everyone should get more schooling than they do. This is only one of

Self-serving Eric, who hopes to be an econoimcs professor, couldn't agree
more.  Demand for college professors needs to go up.

My other side couldn't disagree more strongly.  A significant percentage
of undergrads should really be in some kind of 2-year trade school
instead.  The marginal person should get less schooling.  The person in
the bottom quartile of an undergrad class would make more money by instead
enrolling in community college and learning to be an electrician or
a plumber.  Of course, this is pure assertion and is backed by nothing
more than my sense of the matter.

Eric Crampton