--- Jacob W Braestrup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"'John Hull wrote:...'
Assuming you are not just joking, this implies that
things such as "ability to atract mates" should be
taken into account when redistributing income today."

Mostly joking.  I was more concerned with the idea
that forcing marriage on people was the only way to
level the playing field for mates.  It does seem that
fincanial security & luxury goods really can "sweeten
the deal," at least for some people.

That's not to say that such a program would be
practical.  However, ugly people do get shafted in
life.  If that could be reasonably accounted for as a
component in a redistribution scheme that met the
approval of the polity, then I probably wouldn't
oppose it.

"...it would be unfair to take money from a rich, ugly
man (or woman)..."

They'd just pay less in taxes than a rich, beautiful
person.

-jsh