Howdy,

I've never really studied the Median Voter Theorem.
Recently I read where someone claimed that the U.S.
political system was designed to keep the two parties
nearly identical by keeping other parties out.  I
assumed that the reason they Dems & Reps seem so close
may be because of the MVT--they want the middle guy's
vote.  So then I thought, suppose a third party were
let into the race, does the MVT still hold w/ for 3 or
more candidates?  Does it weaken as more candidates
are added, or do they all bunch toward the center for
for any n>2, where n is the number of candidates?
Does anybody know of a good discussion of it online?

-jsh