> Not sure if 13.1 kernel has changed since you two tried but I can assure
> you that kernel gets loaded and booted but then nothing else:

The kernel for 13.1 hasn't changed since it was released as 2.6.33.5.

> I noticed that this is not the default 13.1 kernel on x86 which is 2.6.33.4
> so things may have changed since then.

Slackware ARM uses which ever the most recent kernel is that works best
for the ARM platforms supported -- it doesn't follow Slackware x86 at all:
if they happen to be using the same version at the same time, it's purely
coincidental.

> This works with 2.6.38rc8-kirkwood but not with 2.6.33.5-kirkwood. One
> other thing I've not checked out is if with the 13.1 kernel it's only
> the serial console that is dead ... but the led on the usb stick seems
> dead too so my giess is that there is more to it then just the serial

Well it works now so it's ok :-)

Perhaps your dockstar is a slightly different version which is
better catered for in the 2.6.38 kernel.