This is very wrong precedent. . The song was not created for congress. They
are taking a popular award winning song and taking undue advantage of it.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Srini Santhanam <saint.si...@gmail.com>wrote:

>   Thanks mate.. that sounds better :)
>
> On Mar 4, 2009, at 9:59 PM, Gomzy™ wrote:
>
> Just say you dont "love" . You still using the word "love" :P
>
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Srini Santhanam <saint.si...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Me too.. I think thats why even rahman refused to compose a theme music
>> for congress as it would give him a political tinge.. Too bad T-Series did
>> this to us.
>>
>> I would love to follow AR's words in choosing love over hate, but how can
>> i say 'I*Love* Jai Ho being used by congress in its political campaign
>> and that now this new anthem of us has a political angle' :(
>>
>> On Mar 4, 2009, at 7:54 PM, Bivin Chandra wrote:
>>

>> Sunil Prabhu/Beverly White/Ravi Tiwari
>> Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:44 AM (Mumbai)
>>
>> The Congress will use music composer A R Rahman's Oscar winning song *Jai
>> Ho* in its poll campaign for the coming Lok Sabha elections.
>>
>> The UPA has not only usurped the theme of the Oscar-winning *Slumdog
>> Millionnaire* to shore up its electoral prospects, it has also bought the
>> rights to A R Rahman's Oscar-Winning song *Jai Ho* from T-Series.
>>
>> But not everyone's humming a happy tune not least of all the lyrical
>> genius who penned the catchy *Jai Ho* lyrics.
>>
>> "Don't make it political, it is such a nice lyrical song by Rahman, don't
>> make it political," said Gulzar, Lyricist, Oscar Winner for *Jai Ho*.
>>
>> Sukhwinder Singh who has sung the song is of a slightly different opinion,
>> he says, "As long as this song is used to bring happiness, I don't have any
>> objection to it. My work was to sing the song. The music company is totally
>> free to sell the rights whosoever they want. As far as moral question is
>> concerned, whether it should be used for political gain or not, I am of the
>> view that if the song reaches out to more and more people and brings a smile
>> on the faces, it's good and it serves my purpose too. This is the whole
>> spirit with which I have sung it."
>>

>> http://music.ndtv.com/Music_Story.aspx?id=ENTEN20090085573&type=musicindia

  • ... Srini Santhanam
    • ... sandeep venkatachari
      • ... Vikram Kumar
        • ... vijayaraj -
          • ... karthik subramanian
            • ... ramakrisha laxmana subramanian siva gopala acharya iyer .aiyooo amma idli wada dosa sambar chatni .
              • ... jibandevta
    • ... Gomzy™
      • ... Roshan
      • ... Srini Santhanam