Mark,

My preferred way to manage ARS server environment variables is to add
them to the armonitor.conf file. (Assuming that your plugin server is
started by armonitor)

Docs on how to do this can be  found in..
 Configuring-700.pdf Page 344

but a line something like this is the idea:

Environment-variable:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/some/path/goes/here;/another/path/goes/here;

( I think : is the right separator.. but your server env might be
different so look at your existing PATH env setting and use the same
separator.)

Another option would be to edit/add this env setting to the
<server>/bin/arsystem start up script. (and maybe the /etc/ start up
script too.)

( And if you wanted to add them to the user's env that will help when
you are "manually" starting the plugin server by hand too.)

HTH.

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)