-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thilo Stapff
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 9:21 AM
To: ARSperl User Discussion
Subject: Re: [Arsperl-users] ARS 1.90 Can't load ARS.dll

-- The DLLs need to be in a directory that is contained in your system's

PATH variable, exactly as if they were .exe files.

-- The user tool itself is not needed.

-- You might, however, need the icu...32.dll files from the user tool
directory.

Thilo

HEWITT, DARRYL wrote:
> I am still getting "Can't load 'E:/Program
> Files/Perl/site/lib/auto/ARS/ARS.dll' for module ARS: load_file:
> The specified module could not be found at E:/Program
> Files/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 229".
>
> What I have done since our last email exchange:
>
> 1) Deleted and re-installed ARS Perl package just to make sure I had
> done it correctly.
>     (DOS commands and results are attached)
>
> 2) Copied arxxx70.dll's to the root folder where our Remedy AR Server
> was installed.
>
> 3) Ran perl -MARS -e "print $ARS::VERSION" to test and received the
same
> error.
>
> 4) After checking the registry, I tried to register dll's with
>     REGSVR32 "E:\Program Files\AR System\User\arapi70.dll"
>     but received error:
>

> 5) Rather than mess with figuring out the dll registration issue, I
> installed Remedy User 7.0.1
>     since I had found registry settings in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDll's

> folder
>     for "E:\Program Files\AR System\User\arapi70.dll" on the server
that
> works.
>     Remedy User 7.1 was already installed on this server.
>
> 6) Ran perl -MARS -e "print $ARS::VERSION" to test and received the
same
> error.
>
> All of the above raises some questions that I hope you will answer.
>
> -- Where is ARSPerl expecting to find the Remedy API's?
>
> -- Does the Remedy User for the correct version need to be installed
on the
>    server, or PC, running the Perl package?  Does this also need to be

> run where
>    AR Server is installed?
>    I had always assumed that ARSPerl was basically mimicking someone
running
>    Remedy User.
>
> -- We have been using ARSPerl since 2002 and it has worked well.
>    However, all I have ever done when moving the location of the Perl
> scripts
>    is make sure that the following 3 dll's were present in the Perl
scripts
>    folder for the Perl script issuing the "USE ARS": arapixx.dll,
> arrpcxx.dll, and arutlxx.dll.
>    Is this all that really needs to be present?
>
> To repeat some of my previous, we have two Windows 2003 SP1 servers:
> DSMRDCRD02 and DSMRDCRD03.
>
> I have installed the ARSPerl 1.90 package on both using the same
procedure.

> Running the DOS command line perl -MARS -e "print $ARS::VERSION" works

> on DSMRDCRD03
> but receives the load failure error on DSMRDCRD02.
>
> DSMRDCRD02 was built with the Remedy AR software from scratch, i.e.
new.

> DSMRDCRD03 was built with the Remedy AR software as an upgrade over an

> existing install of version 7.0.1.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ARS.dll?