Did you compile it yourself or did you use the binary distribution?

If it's the binary version, would it be possible for you to compile it
from source code? There seem to be all sorts of binary
incompatibilities. At least the second problem (ARSperl compiled for
Perl 5.8 not working with 5.10) I'd consider as somehow "normal".

Furthermore, the binary ARSperl doesn't work with 64-bit ActivePerl.

Regards,
Thilo