For a given field of an enumerated data type, I want to create a mapping
from the number to the text label.

I see there is a method getEnumValues() that can be used with an ARS
object, but I would prefer to use a non-OO function (I am having trouble
getting the connection object to work but ars_Login seems to work).

Any suggestions?