Were there any warnings thrown during the make process? From my previous
experience, I think it didnt find some libraries(-licuucbmc -licui18nbmc) it
was supposed to. These are the libicuucbmc.so and libicui18nbmc.so files.
Ensure they are on your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or copy them to the $ARAPI path.

hth,
~H

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Lane Vance <l...@abetterway.net> wrote:

> We are running Remedy 7.5.  I was able to successfully install ARSperl
> from the latest cvs HEAD version obtained from sourceforge using the
> 7.5p2 ARS APIs on Linux (32-bit) which was obtained from Remedy.  The
> output from the 'make' looks like everything compiled correctly for
> 32-bit.
>
> When I run my test script, which just tries to "use ARS;" I get the
> following error:
>
> # perl -c test.pl
> Can't load
> '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/ARS/ARS.so'
> for module ARS:
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/ARS/ARS.so:
> undefined symbol: ucnv_open_3_2 at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
>  at test.pl line 3
> Compilation failed in require at test.pl line 3.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at test.pl line 3.
>

> Anyone have any clue as to what might be causing this?  By the way, I
> also compiled against 7.0p2 which successfully compiled but resulted
> in the same error.  I also tried to compile against 7.1p1 but I ran
> into compile errors.
>
> I really appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks,
> Lane