In order to clarify this matter, I think that the following modification could be made to the documentation:

"Informational entropy is calculated from a table of overlapping DNA triplet frequencies, using equation 1 in Andrzej Konopka, J. Theor. Biol. 107: 697-704 (1984). The use of overlapping triplets smooths the frame effect."