Hi Tim,
   thanks for your ready reply.
I tried your suggestion, but it doesn't work...(I think I also tried before...)
Well, runnning the old run_ script from terminal I get (same as v.8):

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/artemis$ run_blastx -onefile seq1.txt seq1-out.txt swissprot
about to start blastall with input from seq1.txt and output to
seq1-out.txt using database
[blastall] ERROR: No argument given for Database

so I think the problem is that the script doesn't find the database swissprot! ...even if I create a DATABASE environment variable with the same value as BLASTDB...

Any other idea?
Stefano

Tim Carver wrote:
Hi Stefano

I think you can probably just copy 'etc/run_blastp' from version 7 to
version 8 then.

Regards
Tim