I'm using GFF3 data dumped from a feature database and want to use Artemis as an editor. However, I have noticed a few issues.

1) I would like to save back into GFF3 format for reloading back into the same database. However, I can only save as GenBank/EMBL (attempting to save as GFF doesn't appear to work in the latest version of Artemis).

2) I can work around the above by saving as EMBL and converting over using bioperl; however, another problem is that the source column in GFF3 appears to be ignored (which I use to distinguish tracks in GBrowse). Is there a way to remedy this?

chris