Just to let the people now that this has been resolved. Leighton has tried
this out the changes to Artemis and is so far pleased.

The Artemis code can now infer CDS and UTR features when the
chado_infer_CDS_UTR option is set to yes.

The changes are now in the Artemis CVS. (There are instructions on how to
download the code from CVS on the Artemis home page). You will need to edit
etc/options to set:

chado_infer_CDS_UTR=yes

The updated documentation is in CVS as well under docs/chado/. This is also
now available in the development version on the Artemis home page:
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Software/Artemis/#development

-Tim