Hi Yealing

Thanks for the feedback.

One way to restrict the range on a track is to define it in Artemis first,
i.e. delete the features outside a range by first selecting the features in
the range (select base range and then select overlapping features) and
toggle the selection (under the Select menu). In that way you can
temporarily delete the features outside that range and save it to a new
file. Or you can filter by a list of gene names (see the first example in
the manual http://www.sanger.ac.uk/resources/software/dnaplotter/#t_3) in
DNAPlotter.

Unfortunately there is no easy way round the arrow head problem but I will
try and get time to look at that.

Regards
Tim