Hi Laura

This needs to be configured for your site. You will need the databases to be
searched set up locally and you may need to edit the Artemis scripts that
run blast. There is some documentation in the manual for ŒConfiguring the
Run Menu¹.

The error you get may mean that blastall is not in your PATH. If you are
using blast+ you will need to change the script to use legacy_blast.pl. You
can test the script from the command line and this is a way of debugging it:

etc/run_blastp file_of_filenames database

The other option is to use the Run->NCBI searches option.

Regards
Tim