Hi Yealing

This should work and I am not sure why your not seeing that. For example:

chr1    artemis gene    210     720     .       +       .       ID=x
chr1    artemis mRNA    210     720     .       +       .
ID=x.rna;Parent=x
chr1    artemis exon    210     280     .       +       .       Parent=x.rna
chr1    artemis exon    291     720     .       +       .       Parent=x.rna

this uses the Parent qualifier of the mRNA to join the two exons.

The mRNA's are greyed out but you can still select and edit them. There
should be an option to change this (and there is with chado database
entries) so I will include that for GFF entries. When you right click on the
feature display there will then be an option to 'Show/Hide Features...'.
This will appear in the next development release.

Regards
Tim