Hi,

I've a few questions - maybe someone here can help.  If any are
answered in FAQ or similar somewhere, please just point me in the
right direction.

I'm thinking of writing some physical synthesis modules for arts.
Since I'm going to be without a job next year I was wondering about
working on them full time and then seeing if I could make some money
selling them (no details thought out yet - perhaps as shwareware).

However, I think aRTS is GPLed.  Is this true of the plug-in API (I
assume there is one), or is it LGPL?  Or can I write a plug-in just
from following documentation (ie without using any code) and will the
GPL licence not matter?

Also, does the API support batch mode (eg for computing complex sounds
on slow machines)?

Also, I hear that aRTS is being moved into Gnome.  Does that mean that
any GUI must be written for toolkits?  How will this work?

Thanks for any help,
Andrew

--
http://www.acooke.org