I completely agree that this is what the syntax means!

But why the definers chose this cumbersome way of saying SIZE 1..9, if that is
what they intended, is a more difficult question, and makes one think that they
did not, in fact, **intend** this meaning.

Someone else closer to 3GPP may be able to shed more light on this.

John L

--
   Prof John Larmouth
   Larmouth T&PDS Ltd