Hey,

I am working on the next release of Apache::ASP, which seems
like it will be a major one.  In particular, I will be adding support
for <%= %> in the XMLSubs attributes, but this functionality
will not be backward compatible with the default raw perl arguments.

I would like your comments on this matter if interested.
I believe, though painful, fixing this part of XMLSubs is a
good long term move, and making this the default is for the best.

<%= %> expressions will be allowed in XMLSubs attributes, as in:

  <my:tag arg="<%= $object->{member} %>" />

This new functionality makes XMLSubs more ASPish, and does not rely
on perl string interpolation for dynamic arguments to XMLSubs.
The old method of attribute data being interpreted as raw
perl strings would be deprecated.  These old tags could look like:

  <my:tag arg="$object{member}" />

This old functionality is not compatible with the new,
but would be activated with:

  PerlSetVar XMLSubsPerlArgs 1

Applications relying on this old behavior will have to use
this config to continue to work.

-- Josh