hi!
i don't knoiw what's mr. chan mahanta's age nor the man's age who identifies himself with the the id "bartta bistar"...but from whatever i have known so far from being a member of this group is that our ideas, rather ideology, don't match. guess, mr. chan mahanta is way too ollder than me with much more knowledge than me. maybe he has his own conviction of supporting ULFA, no matter how subtlely he does it....as for mr bartta bistar i am convinced he's a hardcore ulfa cadre.....but he fail to realise that the assam of yesterday when ULFA was formed is not the same as today's assam.  whatever maybe the reason for ULFA to take its present shape at that point of time, it doesnt hold water anymore.

my generation gives a damn about ULFA. i personally hate ULFA. and i dont think they are our representatives, no matter what they think of themselves. they are a bloody bunch of loosers.
 when they talk about the real concerns of the assamese people they forget that the main causes are the bloddy violence they indulge into and the threat of bangladeshis ( oh! how could they?? they do have business interests in our neighbouring country. dont they?) the threat to assam is not "india" but ULFA and the illegal migrants.

now dont get surprised or shocked ( which i am sure u ppl wont be coz u know the ground realities...the majority hates ULFA.....and its a overwhelming number..) for its the fact- the generations have changed. i dont know what was it like when u guys formed this group..but i can very well say that the present day assam is far better than what it will be ( if if really happens) under the control of ULFA. at the same time lemme point it out, todays assam could have been far better had there been no ULFA. its only because of ULFA that we are lagging behind the rest of the country. and its a brutal fact....nay, its a tragic fact. whatever assam is today is despite of ULFA...

anyway, let ULFA go to hell. let those guys who dreamt of rulling assam ( as dictators) continue dreaming so...................but assam will remain an integral part of india. why? because our generation wishes so. and so does the generation next to ours. dont believe me?? chk out with anyone.

as for the talks....i hope it succeeds in bringing the ULFA leaders into the mainstream with some grace...some izzat......atleast they will be able to die in their motherland but ofcourse not by bullets i pray.......guess it hurts to know that one might die a fugitive living in some foreign country or in the jungles....as fo rthe PCG, its just that its a motley group suppoting the outdated ideologies of ULFA.

regards,
tridip

p.s:- it really doesnt need a rocket scientist, to figure it out that the support of ULFA is dwindling and it will soon be without any recruitsti fill up the efficiences.

Rajib Das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Some OTHER observations:

When a newspaper claims the ULFA is not ASSAM, anyone
still wearing shorts would agree. This editorial
accepts the ULFA has support - all it says is that it
DOES NOT have the support of ALL of Assam. It really
does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out or
a rocket scientist to accept it.

The editorial also states that ALL the PCG got was a
few thousand responses. Few thousand for 27 million
means not just that there are significant number that
DO NOT support ULFA. As it says, a few thousand is not
even a representative sample. Statisticians all over
the world would agree. Those claiming these
journalists are fools because of this assertion would
perhaps be exposing their foolishness.

The editorial claims the PCG is ULFA's representative
- was selected by them for putting across their
agenda. The editorial does not express dismay at that
fact - all it says is that the PCG is a tool of the
ULFA - no more. It is NOT representative of the
people. Once again, it does not take a rocket
scientist to figure that out.

Finally, CM's words such as "people who are perfectly
willing to die for a cause..." sound tired and blathe.

The only dying we have seen for a long time is that of
innocent civilians who became dummies in a sad and
pathetic display of supposed might of the liberating
brothers.

CM's "willing to die" sounds very much like Osama Bin
Laden's assertions with one important factor missing.

The ULFA's rah rah over sovereignity would really be
of no concern to the PM, really. Why? Not because he
is the servant to the constitution. But because there
aren't just enough people to give him grief over it -
inside Assam, in its neighbourhood or around the
world.

Actually that is why he asserts the primacy of the
Indian constitution. He does not give a damn about the
ULFA leadership - he is concerned with what the
citizens (including that of Assam) will think.

In that process, he is being smart. Never mind the
fact that CM is smarting from the PM going against his
wishes.

=== message truncated ===>