That, Malabika, may be an instance of C-da trying to "make many people believe that the colour of the blackboard is white" :-)
Santanu.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Malabika Brahma
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 2:25 PM
To: Chan Mahanta
Cc: assam@assamnet.org
Subject: Re: [Assam] Assam's Ancient Links with Mainland India

>> unflattering physical attributes--you name it.

That's a news !  I always thought the general consensus was quite the opposite :)

Chan Mahanta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Mayur:

>>Secondly, I did not say anything about leaving assamnet.

I am glad to hear that :-).

> >At a personal level, I have high regard for Mahanta-da
>which is clearly exemplified in some of my earlier
>mails on assamnet. I appreciate his formidable
>analytical skills to make many people believe that the colour of the
>blackboard >is white.

*** Thanks much for the kind words. But obviously you have gone way
over with my abilities like making black appear white. In the past
people have called me assorted names, assigned ulterior motives,
tried to hurt me by citing my advancing age and unflattering physical
attributes--you name it. But attributing supernatural abilities is a
first. There has to be a far more credible and rational explanation
for it, don't you think? Allow me to give you a hint : How about
making just plain old common sense ? Is it possible :-)?

cm