Title: Re: [Assam] Kamal Deka's Letter
Looks like I will have to explain it again in plain English. Look at my other message with explanation.
RB

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Assam] Kamal Deka's Letter

At 1:20 PM -0600 11/17/05, Rajen Barua wrote:
He is abosoluetely correct. We must blame the system.

*** Would you like to see me post here what your previous contention was on this matter :-)? Did you not assert, in fact argue vif gorousy, that NOTHING was the matter wit the system, that it was the people who are at fault. Did you not argue that the problem was with the moral fiber of the people?

 USA system is better than Indian system.

**** Really? How? Can you please explain ?

In the same analogy though, within the Indian system we must bllame the Assam state system for Assam being more corrupt than other states.

**** Same analogy? What SAME analogy? And who says Assam is MORE corrupt than some other state? Is it info. you are privy to? Or are you parroting another set of Indian statistics, without having a clue what those statistics are based on, the qualification of the compilers of those stats, and the quality of the data
used to come up with the conclusions?

And EVEN if it is true that Assam is MORE corrupt than everyone else, what would YOUR recommendation be in making it LESS corrupt?  How would BLAMING help , if it is expected to, as you imply? If blaming helps, how come India has been unable to reduce its corruption even with all the blaming going on for decades?

Finally what is your recommendations on punishment for the people of Assam, upon whom you have rendered the judgement of being MORE CORRUPT than the rest of India?

Deny them sovereignty?

**** But the commentary makes interesting reading.Political Science is the richer for these :-).

Now all we need to find out why the Assam system is inferrior than other state system.
Ureka.
RB.