>Language, culture and politics, as you well know are the essential ingredients of life - spice of life as I like to call them.

Yes I fully agree. Those are the spice of life, but not life itself.
These give us what we call identity. Assamese, Bengali, Bihari etc.
We always like our own kind, in speech and dress and food etc.
That is culture.
For instance, some of us are trying to get independent Assam. Sometime I question is it for our identity or is it for our ego or is it for what? Ananadram Dhekial Phukan was an outsiders from South India, Jyoti Prasad Agarwal was from Rajasthan, Xong.kordev was from Kanauj, all the Sharmas, Mahantas, Bezbarooahs, etc were from mainland India, all assembling here to form a new identity called Assamese.  Now we are saying no more Indians because you donot know how to speak Assamese and how to sing Bihu songs. ( You may be the last Indian they have allowed to become Assamese.)  Now some Assamese are saying,  we are not Assamese. What I am saying, life is much more than just playing this identity game.
RB