Title: Re: [Assam] Keteki
Ram:

It is common not only in the NE, but B'desh, Bengal, N.Bihar, N. UP and even as far south as Sri Lanka. I heard them on a Discovery Channel documentary on Sri Lanka years ago. Must be common in Myanmar and Yunan province of China as well as Nepal and Bhutan too.

BTW, I have some terrific recordings of the Keteki from Namti.

c-da