Bravo Sonia and MM Singh's rule!!!! India will be the new Pakistan or Afghanistan  under their rule!! with new taliban emerging.

Haven't we seen pictures on BBC of Pakistanis collecting money for Jihad in Kashmir. Now similar in India against "Great Danes."

Umesh
PS: and what about in Assam - the second most Islamic state in India after Kashmir
Minister justified, was only speaking as a Muslim’
Rs 51 crore for cartoonist’s head

Posted online: Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 0153 hours IST

http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=88215
LUCKNOW, FEBRUARY 18 : UP Minister for Minority Welfare and Haji Yaqoob Quereshi who announced Rs 51 crore as reward for anyone beheading the Danish cartoonist for caricaturing Prophet Muhammad, today drew strong support from his Cabinet colleagues.

‘‘The law of the land doesn’t permit a minister to speak like this. But I am sure that he spoke all this as an individual...(But) we can pay even more than Rs 51 crore to teach a lesson to such people who hurt the sentiment of the Muslim community,’’ Samajwadi Party MP from Moradabad Dr Shafiqur Rahman Barq said. ‘‘Whatever he said may be intended towards sending a clear message that those who commit blasphemy on Islam won’t be spared at any cost. Killing the Danish cartoonist is the only option and we are ready to collect much more to pay as reward to one who punishes him.’’

The All India Waqf Welfare Council (perhaps something to do with the All India Muslim body Waqf Board) , meanwhile, held a meeting today and supported the call, saying Lucknow would contribute substantially to the bounty.

umesh sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=88158

The Minister for Minority Welfare and Haj in the Mulayam Singh Yadav government, Haji Yaqoob Qureishi, has announced a cash reward of Rs 51 crore (US $12 million)  for anyone who beheads the Danish cartoonist who caricatured Prophet Mohammad.

State govt's reaction :
When contacted, UP Principal Secretary, Home, Alok Sinha told The Indian Express: “The minister’s reaction was the voice of someone whose religious sentiments have been hurt. Moreover, since the reference was to a person who is far off, there is no question of an FIR being lodged against the minister.”

------------------------
However, the All India Muslim Personal Law Board member and Naib Imam of Aishbagh Idgah, Maulana Khalid Rasheed Firangi Mahali, criticised the Minister’s call for the killing of the cartoonist.

Umesh

Umesh Sharma
5121 Lackawanna ST
College Park, MD 20740