Title: Re: [Assam] TIME: PhD from USA -S 030 & welfare payments
>Hopefully, people hold themselves to higher standards than that. .. Don't you think? -:)

*** What would INDIANS know about that :-)?

At 8:26 PM -0600 2/20/06, Ram Sarangapani wrote:
Dear Umesh,

>Finally I had to tell him that now laws are strict agianst fraud marraige and that I might have to pay up >$250,000 and upto five years in jail and then be thrown back to India. then he quieted down.
>You take advantage of the laws. Since it has become more difficult ot come to US or UK  many students are >going to Australia , Canada etc -0taking advantage of their laws.

I am surprised - but may be I am naive. Laws are man made, and there will be loop holes.
That, I hope certainly does not mean one should take advantage of.

But just because one is aware of a loop hole ( and is able to take advantage of), I hope it doesn't mean that one would want to take that "advantage", simply because they can get away with it.

Hopefully, people hold themselves to higher standards than that. .. Don't you think? -:)

--Ram da