Well as in India not all US public/govt schools are the same. The Indian govt
school my father studied at ( www.rimc.org ) sent a graduate to Harvard College
recently (2002 I think)  - an incentive for me to try the same.

Similarly Kendriya Vidyalayas in India are central govt run schools and have
sent graduates to IITs and beyond.

In US as well schools in  rich suburbs get upto 6 times more per student
funding as compared to those in innercity/urban schools - hence it depends upon
which neighborhood you are in .

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/03/18/a_nobel_champion_enters_fray/
 Here is a take by Nobel Laureate Mello now in MA (who studied in Fairfax High
School near my place ) on why he wants to put his children in private schools
unless the local school district fund the local schools better - he wants to
put his own Nobel prize money into it if need be - those in poorer
neighborhoods in US cannot expect the same funds from local residents (as must
be known nearly all funding for US govt schools comes from property taxes of
that city.

Umesh
Chan Mahanta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Re: [Assam] From Posoowa--Example of
Creativity in High Sc That was nice to note.

 One significant difference:  All of the students from India are from Private
Schools. Nandinee is from a public high school ( not like Indian Public School,
as in Doon School etc.), Shawnee Mission East High School, Kansas.