Glad you and the others who liked it.

Yes, the color is always pink. In Assam, naturally growing wild Kopou ful also
have a mild but distinctive
fragrance and is not particularly attracvtive. BTW, orchids, as a family of
flowers are not known for their fragrance. Only a very few varieties of orchids
have
any notably pleasant fragrance.

Rhynchostylis retusa comes in a second sub-variety called Rhynchostylis retusa
giganta, which also have white flowers. Their flowers are slightly larger
but the inflorescence I have seen are shorter and more stout than our Kopou-ful.
THey are also not common in Assam. Maybe found in Arunachal, I am not sure. But
they are common in Burma and Thailand, as far down as Singapore.

Rhynchostylis retusa is strikingly similar to another variety of  sub-Himalayan
region orchid called the Aerides. They too are mostly pink, but also have orange
to red varieties as well as white.  Their inflorences, again, are usually
shorter and the leaves are flatter. Their habitat ranges from the Himalayan
region to South India to Sri Lanka  and east to China, Burma, Thailand  down to
Malayasia.

You ought to have known by now Alpana, that asking me a simple question  holds
the promise of a day-long discourse :-).

c-da