Good for him.

However, the Assamese and Bengali fonts are the same both derived from the same
common root which I call the Kamrupi script in my article. It is like the Roman
script which is being used by many languages. This common script is already
there in the Unicode.

Till last month, Unicode named this common script as 'Bengali script'. At the
writing of many of us, they now changed it to 'Bengali and Assamese script' in
September 2011. Now we are saying that  they should change the name to either
'Assamese and Bengali script' or 'Kamrupi script' or have a separate slot for
the Assamese script. They are having a meeting for this next week. I have in
the meantime furnished them some published articles including mine for
reference.

The common Assamese & Bengali fonts are already there in Unicode. I don't think
we need to reinvent the wheel.

Barua