Thoughtful comment!

A side note from us St. Louisans being on the news , thanks to a 'faither'
named Todd Akin, that has brought about these discussions
about faith and science. This person has been elected to the Congress 6 times
by substantial majorities, from one of St. Louis'  most affluent
constituencies ( and thus could be considered educated as well) in spite of his
well known , blind, faith based views, often verging on know-nothingism.
I find it funny that all the Republican bigwigs are suddenly surprised by Todd
Akin expressing himself, being who he always has been and being
scandalized. They knew, from day one, that Todd Akin gets his marching order
from God himself. And they are surprised now that he won't step aside?

Borrowing n expression from Dickens, I say " Bah-humbug"!

I think it is a poorly disguised case of political inconvenience, not a display
of ordinary integrity or wisdom.

BTW, Kathleen Parker wrote a funny one on this today. You can see it at:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion/columns/kathleen-parker/kathleen-parker-akin-s-breakin-heart/article_19b28bdd-616f-502b-a31d-02bed871ff2b.html