I don't get it Dilip. Do you? I mean what has size to do with it? California's
economy is much bigger than Texas'. So what should that mean?
I think the states that have the most vocal secessionists today are the same
states that once had slavery and racial segregation. See the maps
at:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10101431274461982&set=a.627135299352.2275322.68110619&type=1&theater

I have heard some of the Jokes. Late night TV is full of them. Stl Louis POst
Dispatch had a cartoon this morning that says it all:
http://skydancingblog.com/2012/11/14/angry-white-men-istan/

And don't miss:
http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/funnyvideos/youtube/texas-secession.htm

It is an Obama thang, thats what it is.