JFA appeals to hoist tri-colour paying homage to martyrs

Guwahati: Journalists’ Forum Assam (JFA) has appealed to each and every
patriotic resident of northeast India to hoist the national flag on the
forthcoming 67th Republic Day (of India) and pay homage to the martyrs who had
made supreme sacrifice for the motherland.
It has been observed that separatist elements and so-called intellectuals of
the alienated region have been opposing the hoisting of tri-colour both in
R-Day and Independence Day highlighting their grievances against the Union
government in New Delhi for many decades.
“We have all 363 days in a year to express our fury & grievances against the
governments. But lets keep aside 26 January and 15 August to pay homage to
those martyrs, because of whom we are proud citizens of a sovereign country
today,” said a statement  issued by JFA president Rupam Barua and secretary
Nava Thakuria.
“Otherwise, we would only turn ourselves as the most ungrateful nationals on
the planet, who do not possess the sense of responsibility to recognize the
immense sacrifice made by millions of known & unknown freedom fighters to make
India an independent nation,” asserted the JFA statement.
The forum, while inviting the city based media persons and nationalist people
to join in the R-Day flag hoisting ceremony at Guwahati Press Club on 11 am,
also urged all media bodies and community organizations of the region to pay
tributes to the martyrs on the auspicious day.