Dear friends,
Bangladesh has advanced its clock by one hour. Today the clocks of Bangladesh
are running an hour advance to get the advantage of daylight during the evening
hours.
The Bangladesh prime minister Sheikh Hasina released a special commemorative
stamp to implement the decision of her cabinet in this respect.
In Bangladesh the shops, malls and other public halls remain open till 8 in the
evening. Now those will be closed by 7 pm, that way saving
electricity for the energy hungry nation.
The initiative is expected to reduce the demand for electricity and also
optimize the use of morning hour for works.
Dhaka is definitely ahead of New Delhi (by 30 minutes). But geographically, we
(Northeast) are ahead of Bangladesh. So should not we go for an advance time
zone (than the mainland India)?
I am sure, New Delhi will not acknowledge it, because, those people in the
capital some how believe that the initiative would only ‘legitimate the demand
of the separatist armed groups of Northeast’.
Should not we go for a debate once agian?
Nava Thakuria