[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On 10 Jan 2007 at 13:23, Ernesto Nieto wrote:
>
>> When I go look in the maillog file, this is the corresponding log entry:
>>
>> Sender: Invalid HELO Format 'mailgw5.53.com' RE_E_mail_problems_
>>
>> Now, I'm not up to snuff on the format, but isn't that legit?  Is there
>> somewhere else I need to look?
>
> Looks OK to me.  What do you have in your validFormatHeloRE ?

Domain names must start with a letter and not a number, "53.com" is NOT
a valid domain name according to the RFCs (rfc1035 to be exact), however
these are not followed to the letter all the time and thus we get names
like that which violate that rule.

I'm not sure but the reg-ex string we use might follow the RFC exactly
and consider it invalid for that reason.

Kevin